Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Perfect Book

I happen to think the Bible is the most perfect book. Now, that's kind of obvious, but I think a lot of people say that, but don't really believe it. Lots of people think it's boring, that the chronologies and Old Testament law is tedious to read, but I don't think so at all.
The Bible contains the most beautiful poetry, most dramatic battles, depressing lamentations, intriguing mysteries, heartless betrayals, inspiring exhortations, and incomparable romances. I don't know what I'm trying to say anymore. The other day, I was reading the Bible and I told my mom that it's just so perfect and I read a chapter out loud to her to demonstrate. It wasn't a very significant chapter. It was somewhere in Leviticus, I think, but just speaking the words, knowing that it was God's words. Any time I'm feeling depressed (or way too over-excited), when I read the Bible, I feel so much better and relaxed and at peace. It really is amazing.

1 comment:

Abigail said...

Hi Katrina, that's so true. :) And like you said, the majority of the time we sure don't treattit like it is the best book in the world. :)