Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Birthday Resolutions

So, I turned 17 today. Happy day. Reaching the marking of another year makes me very pensive about my life, what I've done and what I'll continue to do. Will I continue on with the same bad habits or really try to change and grow into who God wants me to be. Well, I'm hoping and praying for the latter. So, this is my list of resolutions, short as it may be.
  • I want to make the most of my time at home with my family and really make sure that my family members are my best friends.
  • I'm determined to put other first and really try to think of myself less.
  • God will be first in my life. I must pray to Him first every day and read His Word before any other thing.
  • I greatly desire to spread the Gospel more and stand up for God more.
  • Lastly, unimportant as it may seem compared to other things, I'm going to journal and blog more, so as to have a record of my lessons, to hopefully help other people avoid the same mistakes I make.
P.S. My mom got me Oh! Gravity. for my birthday.

3 comments:

lovesarevolution said...

haha i wonder who that PS is directed for? lol :)

lovesarevolution said...

It's good to here your going to blog more often I hope you know I'm going to hold you to it now that its up here.


Seems like we should be looking at our lives like this everyday.
Wondering what we have done to "grow into what God wants us to be"

lovesarevolution said...

also if you think about it a little more... (i certainly have as you can tell I'm still talking lol)
It's kinda (alittlebit) like what Steven Curtis Chapman says in One Little heartbeat at a time.

He's talking about a mother but, in the same way, every time we encourage someone, we have changed the world alittle bit
"That you, you are changing the world
One little heartbeat at a time
Making history with every touch and every smile
Oh, you, you may not see it now
But I believe that time will tell
How you, you are changing the world
One little heartbeat at a time

With every "I know you can do it"
And every tear that you kiss away
So many little things that seem to go unnoticed
They're just like the drops of rain over time
They become a river"





Okay thats enough from me lol