Sunday, April 13, 2008

segnahC emoS

After reading Do Hard Things and listening to Leeland's song Opposite Way a million times (52 times, to be precise), I feel it's time for a change. A bigger change.

It's been a month since I turned seventeen. It's been the best month of my life; I feel I've learned to be truly happy and just take joy in being alive as a child of God. But now, I need to do something more. I'm inspired.

On Friday, I was writing down this list of people and things that inspire me and how I'd like to live in light of that. Then I was asking myself where I'd like to be in a year. I thought about it for a while. I was still thinking about it today.

I think I greatly limit myself with how much I can do. There's much to be said for day to day living, not worrying about tomorrow. But I think that the days fill up with rather meaningless things without a decent amount of looking forward to the future.

So, I'm making some changes. Nope, I'm not writing them all here now, but you'll probably find them out eventually. Some goals I may fail at, but hopefully not.

Just for starters though, I thought about reading the Bible and where I'd like to be with that in a year. I really think one time isn't enough. I've done that for four years and I'd like to move on to more. I mean, I don't have that many years on earth to read it and it makes all the difference. So my goal this time is to read it three times this year. It's entirely possible with some sacrifice of other trivial things. This is just the beginning...